Skip to main content

My EASY skin care routine


Hey loves! Welcome to the first of my Utopia Wednesdays. So basically I'm having some slight trouble at the min being consistent with my blog posts with being in my final year at Uni and having a part time job, you know. So I've decided that it would be a fab idea to start what I'm calling Utopia Wednesdays. I think 1. it just sounds really catchy and cute let's be honest and 2. It means you will get a blog post from me every week on a Wednesday. 

So this weeks Utopia Wednesday is a really easy skin care routine that you can actually stick to. If your really good at sticking to like a 20 min morning and night routine then you are fab and teach me your ways HOWEVER, if you are like me and are that kinda girl that struggles with that kind of thing then this is the read for you...
I've also linked all of the products either from Superdrug or Asda, so you can easily buy them if you want to try them yourself.

 
To buy from
Superdrug: Click here

Firstly I start with some Johnson's face care makeup be gone moisturising wipes. Now these are actually for dry skin and I have quite oily skin but I use them more for the moisture then give. I hate them wipes that you have to scrub your skin with because they are so dry so these work for me. I have used these for a while now, personally I think it's important to keep certain products that same for more than a couple of days which I know is hard when your always wanting to review and try new products but I would always say give your skin chance to get used to a new product before you decide you don't like it or it doesn't work for you. 

To buy from Superdrug: Click here

Next step is to use the lifesaver that is micellar cleansing water. I use the Garnier skin active one which I think was one of the original micellar waters and I'm yet to try another brand. I just pour a little bit of this onto a large circle cotton wool pad and then use a circular motion all over my face. Every time there is still dirt or makeup that comes off even after using two of my face wipes. I also don't use face wipes to take mascara off I use this as I feel it's softer and I get worried about my eyelashes falling out haha!

To buy from Asda: Click here

Next is this more recent one the garnier skin active nourishing botanical cleansing milk with honey flower. This bottle states that 96% of the ingredients are natural origin which is fab and also means it just smells cleaner and more refreshing. Again this says for dry to very dry skin so is amazing for moisturising. I don't tend to use this every night as I do have oily skin so I maybe use this every three nights.  

To buy from Superdrug: click here

For extra moisture I use this simple kind to skin hydrating light moisturiser every night and morning and basically it's just the best thing ever. you face feels amazing when you wake up and then your makeup application is made easier I guess I see this as like a primer when I use it on a morning.

To buy from Asda: Click here

The skin system formulated for Asda overnight blemish serum with tea tree. I feel like all the best spot creams contain tea tree. This is for any ugly spots that are the devil and like to take over my face on a daily basis. It's the best spot cream I've used as I don't tend to like the ones that really dry your spot out and the skin around it because surely that can't be good for your skin right? I apply this using my finger.

To buy from Asda: click here

Lastly I use this every morning and night and through the day if i'm not wearing one of my bright lipsticks. its the nivea hydro care lipbalm and it smells so nice and puts a thick layer or moisture on without it gettig that thick white layer that I find you can get with some lip balms. This is my saviour in both the winter and summer months because my lips don't collab very well with any of the seasons.

To buy from Superdrug: click here 

I thought I would add this is an it is part of my skin care routine but as you only need to do these once a week it's not part of my everyday routine. If you follow me on instagram: danielle_stokeld : I have posted previously quite a lot about these tissue bomb masks. I just think they are really easy when your skin needs a little boost and they are just a fab idea. My favourite is the garnier super hydrating revitalising mask or the super hydrating rebalancing mask shown in the picture.

Thanks for reading this blog post and I hope you enjoyed it, see you for next weeks Utopia Wednesday!

Love, 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Revolution - Brow Tint - does it work?

Hey loves! I recently bought this revolution brow tint and obviously had to review it. If you seen my blog post on HD brows and the maybelline tattoo brow   you'll know I'm a fan of the tattoo brow idea! I reallllly don't like my natural eyebrows, they never sit right, there too light for my hair and are a rubbish shape, anyone else? Anyway so my sister tried this out first and said she really liked it so I went to superdrug and picked it up myself. I was initially really impressed as it only cost £5 where as the maybelline one cost £12 so a massive difference and I just love saving money. The packaging itself is simple, nothing to fancy just black with crome writing on and you can see the bottle through the little opening. The back of the box shows you step 1, 2 and 3 of how to apply it, how long to leave it on etc.  I got it in the darkest shade they do, dark brown as my hair is blue/black.  This is what the applicator looks like, it quite a thick a

Christmas Eve Routine

 It's CHRISTMAS EVE! Nearly... My Christmas Eve routine...  When I get home from my 10-4 shift at work I’ll basically just chill for an hour or so, watch some YouTube videos. I then make sure everything is clean, and ready for some new things haha! I take all the presents down and put them under the tree as their isn't enough room to take them down before Christmas eve. Then my pamper routine commences. Shower first, wash hair, clean, shave, and exfoliate. After the shower... To get my face feeling clean I use micellar water which is part of my routine everyday morning and night, not just on Christmas eve!   Next, I use a Garnier skin active moisture bomb face mask, they are so amazing and your makeup goes on amazing the next day which is what I need getting ready on Christmas morning.  Recently I've been using the new Garnier skin active cleansing milk with honey flower  WOW is all I can say it's just an amazing product, my