Skip to main content

Holiday Superdrug Order Review - Makeup Revolution, Pro and The Gypsy Shrine

Hey everyone! hope you're all okay, I know for any students (like myself) it's exam and deadlines week which means 50 cups of tea a day and unimaginable amounts of stress BUT we will do it. So to make myself feel better I ordered a Superdrug order because online shopping is the always the answer. We go on holiday at the start of June so wanted a couple of holiday makeup bits and also got 2 freebies which was a bonus, so lets get started!



First of all we have this revolution hyaluronic fix hydrating and plumping makeup fixing spray which was £6. Now the only setting spray I've used is the urban decay all-nighter one but I didn't wanna take that one away with me and just wanted a cheaper one that I could overuse on the sweating holiday nights. I've not heard anything about this one and just seen it so I thought why not I might as well try it and I've used it a couple of times not and I'm loving it, especially on my brushes.


Next up are these revolution fast base stick foundation, £5 each, which I was very curious about. My sister tested them out a few weeks ago and was loving them but I just wasn't sure they would give me the coverage I need. Anyway I thought they might be good on holiday as a quick and easy foundation application on the night rather than doing my usual full base. I've tested them twice now on a hot day during the day time and I'm super impressed. The consistency is really thick and creamy, as you can tell in the swatches that is only one stroke of the stick. So, I got them in two shades, the lightest F1 and a darker one F10.
In these swatches I don't have any tan on but when I do these two colours mixed together make the perfect shade to match the colour the bondi sands express tan goes on me.


Moving onto the show stopper, the revolution pro regeneration trends mischief mattes palette which is literally the holiday palette you NEED and only cost £8! I'm really bad at putting on eye-shadow yet these were so easy, the colours blend with each other so well and I've got colour to match every one of my holiday outfits. I literally love the names as well and how the names kinda match as well. I've swatched them all down below for you guys from left to right (up and down) saint and attached, new day and daydream, half time and believer, ringleader and fearless, shrine and indication, crusade and poison, upperhand and underdog, ricochet and exclusive, haunted and cursed.




Superdrug had an offer on at the time of me ordering which I think is still on, where you receive a free strobe lightening palette, when you spend £12 on selected revolution which meant I got to test this out and I think it normally costs £8 so I probably wouldn't have went for it otherwise. They had a second offer where you receive a free gypsy shrine face jewel, when you spend I think it was £12 on any selected makeup. When I got to the online checkout it said the jewels were out of stock but I got sent one so it's all good. Superdrug tend to have some good offers like this which makes me spend more money haha!

Again, I swatched these for you but I was a little disappointed. The really light white gold shade was fab and looked really shimmery but the other two didn't really show up on my skin tone. I think these tones would work better for someone with a darker skin tone and maybe someone who likes a more subtle highlight.
Lastly we have these superdrug own brand shower and bath soaks. I think these were around £2. I've tried the rhubarb and custard one before and it it honestly amazing and they last for ages on your skin. I also noticed this mango and coconut one which I got for our holiday I thought it's a nice holiday scent to get washed with, while we're away!

That's the end of today's blogpost - if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them! The best place to message me (you'll get the fastest reply) is on my Instagram @danielle_stokeld - Everything I've talked about I got from https://www.superdrug.com/  using my health and beauty card to receive FREE 3-5 day delivery which is fab. Thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed.

Lots of Love, 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Makeup Revolution - Brow Tint - does it work?

Hey loves! I recently bought this revolution brow tint and obviously had to review it. If you seen my blog post on HD brows and the maybelline tattoo brow   you'll know I'm a fan of the tattoo brow idea! I reallllly don't like my natural eyebrows, they never sit right, there too light for my hair and are a rubbish shape, anyone else? Anyway so my sister tried this out first and said she really liked it so I went to superdrug and picked it up myself. I was initially really impressed as it only cost £5 where as the maybelline one cost £12 so a massive difference and I just love saving money. The packaging itself is simple, nothing to fancy just black with crome writing on and you can see the bottle through the little opening. The back of the box shows you step 1, 2 and 3 of how to apply it, how long to leave it on etc.  I got it in the darkest shade they do, dark brown as my hair is blue/black.  This is what the applicator looks like, it quite a thick a

My EASY skin care routine

Hey loves! Welcome to the first of my Utopia Wednesdays. So basically I'm having some slight trouble at the min being consistent with my blog posts with being in my final year at Uni and having a part time job, you know. So I've decided that it would be a fab idea to start what I'm calling Utopia Wednesdays. I think 1. it just sounds really catchy and cute let's be honest and 2. It means you will get a blog post from me every week on a Wednesday.  So this weeks Utopia Wednesday is a really easy skin care routine that you can actually stick to. If your really good at sticking to like a 20 min morning and night routine then you are fab and teach me your ways HOWEVER, if you are like me and are that kinda girl that struggles with that kind of thing then this is the read for you... I've also linked all of the products either from Superdrug or Asda, so you can easily buy them if you want to try them yourself.   To buy from Superdrug: Click here Firstly

Christmas Eve Routine

 It's CHRISTMAS EVE! Nearly... My Christmas Eve routine...  When I get home from my 10-4 shift at work I’ll basically just chill for an hour or so, watch some YouTube videos. I then make sure everything is clean, and ready for some new things haha! I take all the presents down and put them under the tree as their isn't enough room to take them down before Christmas eve. Then my pamper routine commences. Shower first, wash hair, clean, shave, and exfoliate. After the shower... To get my face feeling clean I use micellar water which is part of my routine everyday morning and night, not just on Christmas eve!   Next, I use a Garnier skin active moisture bomb face mask, they are so amazing and your makeup goes on amazing the next day which is what I need getting ready on Christmas morning.  Recently I've been using the new Garnier skin active cleansing milk with honey flower  WOW is all I can say it's just an amazing product, my